This is how some foodstuffs, vegetables and friuts were being sold at Kimironko market one of the most visited markets in Kigali city when newspeople paid visit on 29th.Aug.2012.
- Onions were sold at Rwf 400 per Kilogram, while carrots were at Rwf400 per Kirogram
- Tomatoes were sold at Rwf500 per Kilogram
- Peas were sold at Rwf1000 per Kilogram
- Sweet bananas were ranging from Rwf400 – 800 per cluster
- Pineapples at Rwf400 per each
- Oranges were sold at Rwf800 per kilogram
- Pawpaws were ranging fromRwf 300- 800 each depending on the size
- Apples and most other variouties of fruits were sold at Rwf300 each
Other kind of foodstuffs:
- Fresh Bananas were sold at Rwf120 per Kilogram
- Irish potatoes were sold at Rwf250 per kilogram
- Sweet potatoes were sold at Rwf200 per Kilogram
- Cassava were also sold at Rwf200 per kilogram
- Pumpkins were sold at Rwf2000 per each cassava
According to Numerous consumers who depend on Kimironko Market as shopping point, Prices are a bit higher these days; but the market is more favorable to clients of all types compared to several other markets around Kigali City.